7 min reading time
Did you realize that milk frozen yogurt has been referenced in chronicled sources even since the second third hundreds of years? It is said that the creation of frozen dairy items was viewed as a Chinese state mysterious and surprisingly capital punishment was undermined for its revelation. Also, albeit in Italy the aristocrats have since a long time ago delighted in a sweet of snow and natural product squeeze the formula for cream frozen yogurt came to Europe just in the subsequent century. As an afterthought.
The acclaimed Traveler Marco Polo brought a formula for making frozen yogurt from the Far East and it required only a couple a very long time for this cool pastry to turn into an overall sensation. Mechanical advances have been the greatest supporters of frozen yogurt as it is today, however, the most delectable and most demonstrated examinations occurred in the homes of conventional individuals. On the benefits of standard individuals, we can call the enhancing of frozen yogurt with different added substances, chocolate coat, and even waffles, in which the proprietor of one little bistro concocted the plan to put frozen yogurt so regularly broken and taken.
Table of Contents
Perfect homemade ice cream - is it possible without special equipment?
Home-made ice cream has advantages that are hard to find in purchased ice cream. Homemade ice cream - there is always a clear composition and we can choose the desired ingredients according to our needs. For example, replace sugar with honey or ripe banana, cow's milk with vegetable milk. Besides, we will know that these ice creams are really fresh and won’t thaw somewhere along the way to the freezers. Unfortunately, there is a myth that it is difficult to make ice cream with a perfect consistency at home and after eating one serving we are already dreaming about another. If we have the same opinion about perfect ice cream, we can go to the tips on how to extract them at home and dispel all the myths about home-made ice cream!
1. If you want to make regular ice cream, use only high-fat cream (at least 30% fat). Also if you choose herbal milk, choose one that is fatter or suitable for beating. In shops, such milk is marked with the Barista mark, and when making at home, reduce the amount of water, e.g.
: 1 part soaked nuts or seeds and 3 parts water. The consistency of such milk in ice cream will help maintain creaminess and prevent the formation of ice crystals.
2. Make an electric shaker when making ice cream. An ice cream maker would definitely come in handy for real ice cream, but we believe that not everyone wants to buy it just because of experiments. So first try yourself with a reliable cocktail, and if you want to practice more and more often - you will be able to start looking for special ice cream-making equipment.
There are not many requirements for an electric shaker, but the more powerful it is, the easier and faster you will get the desired result. We recommend choosing whisks with a power of at least 800-900 W, the blade of which is suitable for crushing ice. You will adapt this cocktail not only for ice cream but also for smooth or even nut butter production.
3. Everyone who has tasted homemade ice cream containing ice crystals at least once is looking for ways to avoid it in the future. The secret can be both the right ingredient, and the beating. For example, if you are blending fruit, do not dilute it with water or use fruit juice. It is better to choose fruit puree or just well-ripe fruit. If you make ice cream from frozen bananas - eat them immediately, do not freeze the prepared ice cream a second time. And if you choose a traditional ice cream recipe with cream and milk - after cooling the ice cream for about 3-4 hours, remove them from the bowl and beat again in the same cocktail. And then bring them back to the freezer again.
The best homemade ice cream recipes with coffee
Because we love coffee endlessly, we are always looking for ways to add it to our favorite recipes. Ice cream is no exception - we share recipes with you, in which coffee turns ice cream into a dessert of exceptional taste. Classic vanilla, sherbet type and adapted for the real sweet tooth - we try,
so our selected recipes find their way into the heart of each of you!
Ice cream with coffee bean milk ( recipe )
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite coffee beans (can be decaffeinated or ground coffee)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Glasses of milk (about 200 ml) • Pour the milk and cream into the pan, pour in the coffee there.
- Bring to a boil until simmer and leave on the stove for about 30 minutes.
- Greasy glasse cream
- 0,5 teaspoons starch
- Mix egg yolks well with sugar and starch (until sugar dissolves)
- 3 large or 4 small egg yolks
- Pour the milk and cream into the pan, pour in the coffee there. Bring to a boil until simmer and leave on the stove for about 30 minutes.
- Mix egg yolks well with sugar and starch (until sugar dissolves).
- Drain the decoction of milk and cream and slowly, stirring constantly, add to the egg yolk mass. It is important that the decoction is still warm, so if it has cooled, warm it a little before pouring.
- Heat the resulting mixture on low heat until it thickens and becomes creamy in consistency.
- Pour the resulting homemade ice cream mass into a shallow container. After 3-4 hours, we can beat the slightly frozen mass with an electric whisk, then return to the freezer until it freezes completely.
Toning coffee sherbet with coffee liqueur
You will need:
- 5 espressos (5x35ml)
- 300 ml of water
- Glasses of milk (about 200 ml)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- A glass of liquid cream
- 2 tablespoons Coffee liqueur (optional)
- Pour the espresso drinks into a bowl suitable for beating, dissolve the sugar in it and pour 300 ml of water and shake everything well (with an electric shaker or in a cocktail).
- Pour in the cream and whisk again until smooth.
- Leave in the freezer for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving, shake well again in a cocktail and lay a glass in a layered glass and pour coffee pour coffee liqueur (you can change the coffee liqueur with salted caramel, liquid chocolate and add nuts).
Coffee ice cream with chocolate and walnuts
You will need:
- 350 ml whipped cream
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 100 ml Cold brew
- 3-4 tablespoons grated chocolate (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Whisk the cream until stiff.
- Then add condensed milk and cold coffee to it, filling it slowly.
- When the mass is solid, carefully mix the chocolate and nuts with a spatula.
- Put the mass in a shallow bowl and refrigerate for about 6-8 hours.
P.S. these ice creams do not need to be beaten.
What kind of coffee is best for making home-made ice cream?
As with other dishes, it is important for ice cream that the coffee tastes consistent with the other ingredients. For example, we jokingly call some Brazilian coffee blends Snickers chocolate coffee because it is dominated by nutty and sweet bitter caramel flavors. We can say right away that such mixtures are particularly pronounced in combination with cream and other dairy products. You can also choose coffee blends with robusta to make the coffee taste even brighter. 20-40% of robusta beans will ensure that you feel the coffee even if you reduce its proportions in the products.
True, if you make homemade ice cream with coffee, don’t forget about the caffeine in it. Cold-brewed coffee has a lot of it, 5 espresso drinks (and sometimes more) would wake up even the most tired. However, there are several solutions. The first is to enjoy coffee ice cream in the first half of the day or divide the ice cream into smaller portions.
so that the amount of caffeine does not cause insomnia. Another solution is to make homemade ice cream with decaffeinated coffee. There is a growing number of really tasty and high-quality decaffeinated coffee on the market, so it is perfect for ice cream. If you are in doubt about the taste of such coffee - we can tell a secret.
Our colleagues made a joke and poured Café Liégeois Della Notte Deca coffee beans into the machines in the office. Within a few days in the office, no one noticed that the coffee was the tasteless, inappropriate, unpleasant aroma. Everyone enjoyed coffee as usual until a few people felt that the amount of coffee you normally drink "somehow no longer works" and you started looking for reasons for that. We think that this is one of the best fillings that decaffeinated coffee can be really tasty.
Quality coffee or coffee blends that contain fruit acids are more suitable for coffee sherbet or the world-wide coffee drink affogato. All you need to prepare this drink is high-quality vanilla ice cream and a strong, favorite-tasting espresso drink. Since only these two ingredients are present in the original affogato recipe, you can understand why their quality and taste are so important. If you’re not sure the combination of coffee and ice cream is acceptable to you and you don’t want to make large amounts of homemade ice cream - affogato can be a great start to experiments. If you like this drink - you will definitely like all our coffee ice cream recipes!